Over the past 20
years I’ve provided consulting services for projects
in Hospitality, Healthcare, Human Resources, Training, Marketing
and Business Development, Operations and Administration Management,
Program Development, Database Management, Referral Tracking,
Public Relations, Event Coordination, and Print and Web Publishing.
Please view my portfolio of consulting work below.
If you’re interesting in contracting my services
as a consultant please click
here for more information.
Founder, PeakWater.org 2007 – Present
Santa Cruz, CA.
- Founder of on-line global water news aggregate, an awareness-building collective, and forum for public discourse.
- Profile global water conservation and management initiatives throughout SE Asia and the Americas in effort to promote water literacy through NGO and academic partnerships.
- Community-based advocacy for Santa Cruz desalination project including design, content, and production of literacy materials.
- Attend community meetings to promote water literacy and advance conservation organization coalitions.
- Design and implement web design and product line including pamphlets, clothing, and promotional materials.
- Marketing and Public Relations for authors, bloggers, and filmmakers specializing in water literacy issues.
- Manage and Recruit Board of Directors and Advisors, Volunteers, and Membership database.
- Initiation of petition process for Santa Cruz desalination project in collaboration with community organizations and the city of Santa Cruz.
Supplemental Instructor 2008 - 2009
Cabrillo College, Aptos, CA.
- Teach supplemental instruction classes for lower division Biology, Ecology and Chemistry classes alongside department chair.
- Grade and assist professors with creation of supplemental materials such as exams and homework assignments.
Publishing, Operations and Administration
Consultant 2002 - 2006
Baja Communications Group, Alegria Communications Group,
Laguna Beach, CA.
- Authored and edited travel, adventure, nature, environmental,
beauty and fashion editorial, book reviews, biographical
copy, ad copy and web content for published print and electronic
- Made photography, performed photo editing and directed
graphic design and layout efforts for print and electronic
- Directed Operations for Administration, Sales and Marketing,
Web and Art Departments for boutique marketing and publishing
house including associated Database Maintenance, Training
Program Development and Administration
Consultant 1999 - 2002
United Acceptance, Atlanta, GA
- Worked with executive management to implement program
aimed at training, developing and motivating 50-person workforce.
- Designed layout and created content for organizational
charts, training modules, procedural manuals and company
- Directed and instructed training clinics and motivational
Marketing and Business Development Consultant
1999 - 2002
Hallmark Youthcare, Atlanta, GA
- Assisted marketing director with design, content and
production of corporate identity and collateral materials.
- Conducted needs assessment research, maintained client
database and developed referral tracking system.
- Coordinated facility tours, educational events and executive
Operations and Business Development
Consultant 1995 - 1999
The Therapy Clinic, ST. Petersburg, FL
- Directed operations for successful alternative healthcare
practice; ensured superior service and maintained excellent
client relations with over 300 clients including allopathic
and alternative doctors, professionals, families and children.
- Directed all sales and marketing efforts through development
of brochures and newsletters, implementation of sales programs
and coordination of promotional events.
Operations and Training Consultant 1994 - 1996
Blue Moon Café and Lounge, St. Petersburg, FL
- Assisted owner in grand opening and operations of café
and lounge including directing development of company collateral
materials such as signage, menus and website.
- Recruited and Trained initial management and service staff.